Who are we?
The Stichting Individuele Verzekeringsaanspraken Sjoa (SIVS – Holocaust Foundation for Individual Insurance Claims) was founded on 9 November 1999. The purpose of the Foundation is to determine to what extent a person is entitled to a payment in respect of an insurance of an insured person affected by the war who was persecuted for being Jewish. This insurance must have been taken out with an insurer who is a member of the Verbond van Verzekeraars (Dutch Association of Insurers).
Board of Directors
Stichting Individuele Verzekeringsaanspraken Sjoa is an independent foundation. The Board of Directors is comprised of:
- E.J. Numann, LL.M. (chairman): Vice-President of the Supreme Court of the Netherlands;
- H.A.G. Splinter-van Kan LL.M. (secretary): Justice of the Supreme Court of the Netherlands;
- J.M.F.X. van Veggel, LL.M. (treasurer): attorney, former President of the Bar Association.
In case you disagree with a decision of the Board, you can lodge an objection with the Board within six weeks of the decision. The Board will transfer your objection to the independent Objection Committee of SIVS. You can send your objection to the postal address of SIVS. The Objections Committee is comprised of:
- M.A. Pach, LL.M., chairman – former Vice-President of the District Court Zwolle-Lelystad;
- A.S. van Leeuwen, LL.M., member – Judge of the District Court Alkmaar;
- W.F.M. Terwisscha van Scheltinga, MA., member – former Secretary of the Dutch Association